AWS Database Migration Service (DMS)
- Support homogeneous migration such as Oracle to Oracle, as well as heterogeneous migration between database platforms such as Oracle or MSSQL to Aurora.
- Support one-time data migration and continuous replication.
- Replication between on-premise and on-premise is not supported. One source has to have AWS.
- DMS provides end to end view of data replication process
AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT)
- SCT to use for heterogeneous migration predictable by automatically converting the source database schema to a format compatible with the target database.
- SCT also can look into your application code that embedded SQL statement and convert them as part of a database schema conversion project.
- SCT Supported
|Source Database||Target Database|
|Oracle, Azure SQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 LUW, Aurora||Amazon Aurora, MySQL|
|Oracle, Azure SQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 LUW, MySQL, MariaDB||PostgreSQL|
|Oracle DWH, MSSQL, Teradata, IBM Netezza, Greenplum, HPE Vertica||Amazon Redshift|
|Apache Cassandra||Amazon DynamoDB|
- You only pay for resources used in migration process and additional log storage.
- Behind the scene, DMS will use instances for the migration.