- Help to transfer exabyte-scale data to AWS. Larger capacity than Snowball.
- Is a secured data truck with up to 100PB storage capacity. You can scale exabyte-scale data with 10 snowmobile parallel from single location or multiple data centers.
- Physical specification: 100PB storage, 45 foot long high cube container, 68K pounds.
- Resistant capability: water-resistant, tamper-resistant, temperature controlled, GPS-tracked.
- For larger than 10PB data sets, you should use Snowmobile. And smaller 10PB data sets, you should use Snowball Edge.
- Snowmobile requires a site requirements such as power (~350KW), network connectivity)
- You can connect snowmobile via NFS endpoint
- Snowmobile is designed to copy at 1Tbps. Less than 10 days to copy 100PB of data.
How AWS Snowmobile work?
- You place inquiry on AWS Console
- AWS personel will contact you to clarify the requirements and schedule a job
- AWS drives the truck to your site.
- AWS connects the snowmobile to your site
- Data transfer to snowmobile is completed
- Snowmobile will back to designed AWS region
- Upload to AWS storage service such as S3 or Glacier.
- AWS will work with you to validate the uploaded data.
- Snowmobile job cost $0.005/GB/month based on amount of storage provisioned capacity.